Tuesday 21 August 2012

Reading List


I picked these up at my local charity shop recently- Iain Banks' The Wasp Factory, a collection of stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Hans Fallada's Alone in Berlin, for £1 each. I also found Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood and The Reader by Bernhard Schlink, which I read first and really enjoyed. I never tend to buy brand new novels, so I am usually quite behind on recently published works. There is something about the excitement of finding them on the shelf of a charity shop, already thumbed through and slightly worn; especially if the book was given as a gift with a small message written in the front. The pile of books on my bedside table is getting ridiculous and threatens to fall on to me in the night, but if you have any suggestions of books you enjoyed recently, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment